Product is made from dried whole pitted dates and should have a medium/dark brown colour with a glossy appearance. Product should be firm but not too hard or dry and should have a typical sweet flavour of dates with no off odours or flavours.
Dates (99.5%), Vegetable Oil (palm 0.5% Max)
PACKED IN A FACTORY THAT HANDLES NUTS, SESAME SEEDS, GLUTEN, SOYA & SULPHITES AND STORES PEANUTS.
Download table (Excel)
- Total Bacterial Count Max 100,000 cfu/g
- Yeasts Max 1,000 cfu/g
- Moulds Max 1,000 cfu/g
- Salmonella Absent/25g
- Coliforms Max 1,000 cfu/g
- E. Coli Max 10 cfu/g
Nutritional values per 100g
- Energy 272kcal/1162kJ
- Protein 3.4g
- Carbohydrates 68.4g
- Of which sugar 66g
- Fat 0.4g
- Of which saturates 0.2g
- Fibre 6.5g
- Primary contact packaging is BRC certified food grade bag with thickness of 70 micron.
- Outer packaging is recyclable corrugated double-walled brown box of dimensions 375 x 240 x 325mm
- Gross weight is 1.012kgs & net weight is 1kg
- Individual bags are labelled with product description, allergen information, country of origin, best before date (end MM-YYYY), net weight and lot number
Storage conditions & shelf life
Cool dry area free from risk of contamination and moisture. Shelf life is minimum 6 months from pack date.
1kg : 5060090200167
10 x 1kg: 5060090201904
Product quality & Afropol safety control procedures
The supplier/shipper has ISO 22000 certification
Afropol Fine Foods have SALSA accreditation.
Although due care & attention has been taken during the processing of this natural product, the product may contain traces of pits/stalk/shell.
This product shall conform to:
- Food Safety Act 1990
- Council Directives 93/94/EEC of 14 June 1993 on Hygiene of Foodstuffs
- EU Food information Regulation 1169/2011
- Pesticide use council directive 91/414/EEC
- EU regulations for heavy metals commission regulation and mycotoxins commission regulation (EC) No 1881/2006