Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador
Quinoa is the seed of Chenopodium Quinoa. The seeds are processed under stringent conditions, washed, dried and mechanically cleaned. It should be free from any off foreign odours and taints. Product should be firm in texture with a white/cream colour.
Packed in a factory that handles nuts, sesame seeds, gluten, soya & sulphites and stores peanuts & mustard.
Download table (Excel)
- Total Bacterial Count Max 100,000 cfu/g
- Yeasts Max 10,000 cfu/g
- Moulds Max 10,000 cfu/g
- E. Coli Max 10 cfu/g
- Salmonella Absent/25g
- Coliforms Max 10,000 cfu/g
Nutritional values per 100g
- Energy 343kcal / 1539kj
- Protein 13.6g
- Carbohydrates 66.60g
- of which sugar 2.7g
- Fat 5.8g
- Fibre 1.9g
- Primary contact packaging is BRC certified food grade bag with thickness of 70 micron.
- Outer packaging is recyclable corrugated double-walled brown box of dimensions 375 x 240 x 325mm
- Gross weight is 1.012kgs & net weight is 1kg
- Individual bags are labelled with product description, allergen information, country of origin, best before date (end MM-YYYY), net weight and lot number
Storage conditions & shelf life
Cool dry area free from risk of contamination and moisture. Shelf life is minimum 6 months from pack date.
1kg : 5060090203212
10 x 1kg: 5060090203229
Product quality & Afropol safety control procedures
The quinoa come from an accredited supply. Afropol Fine Foods have SALSA accreditation.
Although due care & attention has been taken during the processing of this natural product, the product may contain traces of pits/stalk/shell.
This product shall conform to:
- Food Safety Act 1990
- Council Directives 93/94/EEC of 14 June 1993 on Hygiene of Foodstuffs
- EU Food information Regulation 1169/2011
- Pesticide use council directive 91/414/EEC
- EU regulations for heavy metals commission regulation and mycotoxins commission regulation (EC) No 1881/2006