South America (Peru or Bolivia)
Chia seeds have a high content of essential fat acids, anti-oxidants, vitamin B, calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, iron, zinc and manganese. It also boasts a considerable amount of soluble fiber, which slows down the rate of glucose in the blood of diabetics and also reduces the absorption of cholesterol. Chia is gluten-free and may be consumed by celiacs. Botanical Name, ‘Salvia hispanica L’. The seeds are processed under stringent conditions, washed, dried, mechanically cleaned, sound and of merchantable quality.
Chia Seeds (100%)
Download table (Excel)
- Total Bacterial Count <100,000 cfu/g
- Yeasts <10,000 cfu/g
- Moulds <10,000 cfu/g
- Salmonella Absent/25g
- Coliforms <1,000 cfu/g
- E.Coli <10 cfu/g
Nutritional values per 100g
- Energy 486kcal / 2034kj
- Protein 16.54g
- Carbohydrates 42.12g
- Of which sugar 0 g
- Fat 30.74g
- Of which saturates 3.3 g
- Fibre 34.4 g
- Sodium 16 mg
- Primary contact packaging is BRC certified food grade bag with thickness of 70 micron.
- Outer packaging is recyclable corrugated double-walled brown box of dimensions 375 x 240 x 325mm
- Gross weight is 1.012kgs & net weight is 1kg
- Individual bags are labelled with product description, allergen information, country of origin, best before date (end MM-YYYY), net weight and lot number
Storage conditions & shelf life
Cool, dry, ambient conditions. Out of direct sunlight and places of high moisture. Shelf life is minimum 6 months from pack date.
Product quality & Afropol safety control procedures
The Chia Seeds come from an ISO 9001 accredited supply.
Afropol Fine Foods have SALSA accreditation.
Although due care & attention has been taken during the processing of this natural product, the product may contain traces of pits/stalk/shell.
This product shall conform to:
- Food Safety Act 1990
- Council Directives 93/94/EEC of 14 June 1993 on Hygiene of Foodstuffs
- EU Food information Regulation 1169/2011
- Pesticide use council directive 91/414/EEC
- EU regulations for heavy metals commission regulation and mycotoxins commission regulation (EC) No 1881/2006